Our solutions are tailored to each client’s strategic business drivers, technologies, corporate structure, and culture.
Stages of Grant Management and Administration
LifeCycle Stage – Pre-Award
With hundreds of funding sources and a myriad of grant and loan funding mechanisms, CohnReznick helps state, local and tribal governments address the daunting pre-award challenges of identifying available funding sources, aligning those sources to the portfolio of projects, and managing a complex application process to procure funds to initiate projects. Our services include:
- Legislation lobbying assistance to create desired funding opportunities
- Identification of appropriate opportunities that align with resources
- Fund procurement assistance
LifeCycle Stage – Award
Once secured, grant and loan programs must be carefully administered over their lifecycle to avoid drawbacks, forfeitures, and negative public scrutiny. CohnReznick’s grant administration and oversight solutions help decision-makers navigate the complex web of compliance requirements and deadlines, so funds are fully and efficiently utilized in support of programmatic efforts. Services include:
- Award acceptance assistance to launch program
- Comprehensive program design for optimal efficiency and results
- Create risk assessment and monitoring program to ensure compliance and mitigate fraud, waste, and abuse
LifeCycle Stage – Post-Award
Once an agency has won an award, CohnReznick’s grant management professionals accurately and efficiently assist in managing the funding, performing financial and performance management, and ensuring only allowable costs are charged to award. Additionally, we use real-time analytics and create internal controls to vigilantly monitor against fraud, waste, and abuse. Services include:
- Project/program execution from award to closeout
- Procurement/contracting to ensure 2 CFR 200 compliance with vendors and contractors
- Financial and performance management to ensure compliance and avoid clawbacks
- Ongoing monitoring to improve business process efficiency and mitigate fraud, waste and abuse
- Final reports and financial reconciliations to support grant closeouts
- Conduct program/grant closeout activities in a compliant manner
- Maintain an audit-ready program
- Post-program evaluation to review successes and areas of improvement for future awards
Agencies benefit from our experience
From disaster recovery to community and economic development programs, CohnReznick’s grant management team has hands-on experience working with evolving federal, state, and local regulations. We have successfully administered $66B in federal funds and we fully understand and work through the challenges of rapidly distributing funds while simultaneously maintaining a zero-tolerance stance against fraud, waste, and abuse. We are dedicated to achieving better outcomes one program at a time.
Meet the team
CPA, CFE, PMP, Managing Partner – Government and Public Sector Advisory
CFE, PMP, Principal
Let’s start a conversation about your company’s strategic goals and vision for the future.
Please fill all required fields*
Please verify your information and check to see if all require fields have been filled in.