Today's healthcare industry executives must provide higher levels of patient care while coping with rising costs and declining reimbursement. They must meet rigorous federal, Medicare and Medicaid requirements while dealing the highly uncertain regulatory and compliance environment. While these challenges are significant, they also spell opportunity for entities with the agility to rethink traditional processes and embrace new delivery models.
CohnReznick's Healthcare Practice provides a wide range of healthcare institutions with the audit, tax and consulting services they need to navigate change, streamline costs and maintain the infrastructure and investment necessary for long-term success. The types of healthcare institutions we work with include:
- Behavioral health and special needs populations: We work with these organizations to estimate and ameliorate the impact of reimbursement restructuring, prepare regulatory reports and ensure appropriate cost allocations and develop and implement corporate compliance programs.
- Community health centers: We help them evaluate their performance, address third-party reimbursement and regulatory matters, develop an optimal response to healthcare reform and tackle federal grants management.
- Hospitals and health systems: We help hospitals and health systems transition to new reimbursement methodologies, assess current operational performance and identify areas for improvement, structure training programs in collaboration with other institutions, and develop creative solutions to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' value-based purchasing initiatives.
- Long-term care facilities: We help the owners and operators of long-term care facilities, continuing care retirement communities, assisted living facilities and others manage and finance their real estate operations. Our experience includes working with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to help these clients obtain financing assistance through a number of different programs such as the HUD 232 LEAN Program.
Value-Based Payment (VBP) Readiness Assessment Tool
The Value-Based Payment Readiness Assessment Tool is a powerful, web-based self-assessment that will help your organization develop strategies to become ready for value-based payment (VBP). The tool will evaluate your VBP readiness and enable your team to identify core gaps in readiness and implementation priorities. After you complete the assessment, our expert consultants will help interpret the results and provide strategic guidance on a one-hour consultation call. Read more about the VBP assessment tool.
- July 27, 2016 Gary Straker - Final Changes to Minimum Wage and Overtime Regulations and the Impact on Your Organization
- June 7, 2016 Steven Schwartz and Dolores DiRe - New 2015 Medicare Cost Report
- April 28, 2016 Gil Bernhard - SuperCircular: Changes in the Uniform Guidance of Single Audit for Community Health Centers
- June 1, 2015 Peter Epp, Aparna Mekala and Dionne Kearney - Compliance with Executive Order #38: Limits on Administrative Expenses and Executive Compensation
- May 20, 2015 Scott Morgan and Dolores DiRe - FQHC Medicare PPS Transition: Pitfalls, Hurdles & Lessons Learned
- April 14, 2015 Peter Epp and Dolores DiRe - FQHC Medicare PPS: What You Need to Know for a Smooth Transition
- September 29, 2014 Gil Bernhard - The "New" PIN on Budgeting and Accounting for the CHC Grant