Making a difference in distressed communities, CohnReznick has been on the cutting edge of innovative community development for over 40 years. Whether it is working within tax credit programs , helping shape policy at Federal and state levels, or collaborating with state and local economic development programs, we have helped lead the growth and sophistication of the community development industry. Since the implementation of tax credits and now through the unique approach of Opportunity Zones, CohnReznick has served investors, developers, governmental entities and other stakeholders to help communities reach their full potential.
For the latest news, insights and data focused on the LIHTC industry, please bookmark these pages that have the latest as well as recent archives:
Embedded into the foundation of the affordable housing industry, CohnReznick continues to help clients through all manner of change. We have seen more and delivered more than anyone else while helping shape the industry’s policies, analyze industry trends, connect its people, and implement best-practice solutions.
• We work with more than 1,000 developers and 150-plus not-for-profit developers annually.
• Offer the industry the ability to track and interact with affordable housing data including tax credit pricing, housing performance and more through our Tax Credit Investment Services and the Affordable Housing Portfolio Performance Index.”
Our legacy is one of developing coalitions and finding ways for members in the industry to talk to each other. This spirit continues today and is another example of CohnReznick’s leadership. We author thought leadership on numerous ongoing issues, publish credit pricing updates, and develop original analysis on operational and performance trends. We have a presence on Capitol Hill, throughout the investor and syndicator community, and garner perspectives and insight from developers large and small.
- We support and are actively involved in more than 70 national, state, and local housing-related organizations.
- We speak at and attend more than 200 events a year.
- We maintain a full-time registered lobbyist/advocate to further educate lawmakers on housing-related issues.
- We were a key voice that restored the Historic Tax Credit and tax-exempt bonds into the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
- We currently are active on the Hill to help expand the housing tax credit program.
- We developed a national organization, Council for Independent State Housing Associations (CISHA), to foster communication between and among the country’s state housing coalitions.
- We author bimonthly tax credit pricing updates and annual performance trends.
Now is the time to start building your qualifications and capabilities to maximize your potential to be awarded work on infrastructure projects. We can help you identify and understand likely government award criteria and make the operational changes necessary to strengthen your bids.
Affordable Housing News & Views
Housing Tax Credit Investments:
Portfolio Performance Indicator
Housing Tax Credit Monitor: Access the Latest Insights