Private equity: Illustrative financial statements
These illustrative financial statements, produced by CohnReznick, provide examples of private equity financial statements. They can serve as a set of relevant GAAP-compliant examples. Private equity fund managers can use them as a master guide, with sample disclosures for common scenarios.
This set of illustrative financial statements includes:
- Relevant guidance from the FASB Accounting Standards Codification; AICPA Technical Questions and Answers; and AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide on investment companies
- References to applicable literature so the user can learn additional information about each disclosure and tailor it to their private equity fund’s circumstances
- A sample disclosure related to FASB’s Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2018-13, Fair Value Measurement (Topic 820), “Disclosure Framework – Changes to the Disclosure Requirements for Fair Value Measurement,” which is effective for all entities for fiscal years, and interim periods within them, beginning after Dec. 15, 2019.
- Financial Sponsors & Financial Services
- Hedge Funds
- Broker Dealers
- Family Offices
- Private Equity
- Small Business Investment Companies (SBICs)
- Venture Capital
Hedge Funds: Illustrative Financial Statements