Financial services institutions are facing unprecedented challenges in the form of regulation, competition and technological change. To meet these challenges, they need accurate metrics, experienced guidance on controls and best-practice procedures, and reliable assistance with compliance.
CohnReznick's Financial Services Industry Practice is comprised of professionals who have worked not only as accountants advising financial institutions, but as in-house managers and executives of banks and financial institutions across the country. This industry knowledge and the hands-on experience of having walked in our clients’ shoes stand at the center of our work. We provide comprehensive tax, accounting and business advisory services to a wide range of financial institutions, including:
- Hedge funds and funds of funds: We perform annual audits of financial statements and reporting under both GAAP and IFRS; provide consultation of partnership agreements, private placement memoranda and other offering documents; and support surprise 206(4)-2 examinations.
- Private equity funds: We provide private equity funds with the support they need at each stage of fund development and growth, from partnership agreements, private placement memoranda, and structural and tax advice, to portfolio company audits, due diligence of potential investments and valuation of assets.
- Registered investment advisors: We consult on alternative investments and their related tax implications as well as other strategic services.
- Broker-Dealers: We provide a wide range of services to introducing brokers operating as third-party marketers, mergers and acquisition firms, mutual fund advisers and distributors, and subsidiaries of foreign parent companies.
- Small Business Investment Companies: We help SBICs navigate financial reporting and compliance requirements, the tax attributes specific to SBICs and the differences in GAAP and U.S. Small Business Administration reporting requirements.