Challenging… Complex… Stressful… common words both buyers and sellers use to describe the acquisition process. Management knows the rewards are significant, but worries that so too are the risks. Will the pending acquisition catapult the company to unparalleled success or trigger a catastrophic hit to earnings? Will the seller get the liquidity event it deserves or get short changed?
CohnReznick's Transactional Advisory Practice has extensive experience helping companies successfully close deals and provides buyers and sellers with the intelligence to make informed risk/reward decisions. Our full range of due diligence, acquisition integration, and other transaction advisory services includes:
- Due diligence: We conduct both buy-side and sell-side due diligence that covers quality of earnings, tax and tax structuring, process/controls, information technology, human resources and benefits, and strategic and operational analysis.
- Sell-side preemptive due diligence: By working with potential sellers early in the process, we help mitigate unexpected due diligence findings that can derail a transaction. This analysis can also help sellers secure a higher price by uncovering the true value of the entity.
- Purchase price disputes: Whether raised by the buyer or the seller, we are experienced in handling post-acquisition purchase price issues, including working capital and earn out disputes. Additionally, we serve as a neutral third-party arbitrator.
- Special situations: We are experienced in working with companies in financial distress, and can work with all stakeholders in a compressed timeframe to preserve the going-concern value of the target entity.
- Acquisition integration: We have the processes and tools to appropriately plan for, execute, monitor and assess the success of acquisition integration. We assist management in all aspects of acquisition integration from financial planning to assessment to business improvement opportunity assessment.
- Deal Flow: As the trusted advisor to over 1,000 owner-operated companies, we often have the opportunity to consult with our clients when a liquidity event becomes part of their strategic plan. Frequently, we can match our clients’ objectives to our network of potential investors. This complimentary deal flow introduction results in a win/win for our clients and investors.