Preparing for and recovering from emergencies is exceedingly difficult. The historic storms that continue to strike the U.S., new threats from school shootings and viral epidemics, and increased scrutiny from oversight agencies have greatly intensified the need for proven commercial solutions the public sector can count on.
CohnReznick is an industry leader in providing emergency management services to government agencies. We have earned our strong reputation by solving complex issues while working collaboratively with our clients to deliver high-quality service and innovation. Our team is known for:
- Speeding access to government funding in response to some of the nation’s largest disasters
- Successfully managing and distributing over $50 billion in FEMA PA, HMGP, and HUD CDBG-DR funds
- Protecting the public trust and taxpayer dollars
- Pre-disaster planning
- School-safety preparedness
- Policy and procedure development
- Emergency preparedness programs
- Economic impact analysis
- Training and exercises
- Full FEMA HMGP Program Implementation
- Benefit-Cost Analysis
- HMGP Application Development
- HUD CDBG-MIT Program Development
- Hazard Mitigation Action Plans
- Subrecipient Training
- HMGP Project Closeout
- FEMA 406 Mitigation
- FEMA Pre-Disaster Mitigation and BRIC
recovery - fema pa & cdbg-dr
- Full Program Implementation
- New Delivery Model
- Compliance Monitoring
- Payment Processing
- Subrecipient Training and Technical Assistance
- Action Plan Development
- Program QA/QC
- Multigrant Funding Coordination
- Federal Procurement Standards
- Davis-Bacon Wage Compliance
- Match Program Consulting
- Revolving Loan Fund
- Insurance Reconciliation
- Indirect Cost Rate Development
- Cost Compilation
- Cash Flow Management
For Pasco County, Florida we:
- Provided Emergency Operations Center (EOC) support during and after the storm
- Are responsible for writing all PA projects totaling $11 million throughout the County.
- Implement the new FEMA delivery model
- Identified millions of unaccounted eligible cost for FEMA reimbursement.
For the State of Texas, we currently:
- Provided FEMA PA support for over 265 applicants totaling $29 billion
- Implement the new FEMA delivery model for applicants throughout the State.
- Are responsible for providing guidance on Stafford Act 428 regulations to applicants.
For the State of Louisiana, we currently:
- Conduct imbedded QA-QC AFWA monitoring services for the Restore Louisiana $1.3 Billion CDBG-DR Housing Program.
- Provide business process design, policy and procedure development and reporting services
For the State of New Jersey, we:
- Provided integrity oversight monitoring for $3.8 billion CDBG-DR funds for subrecipients, contractors, and 19 disaster recovery programs.
For the State of New York, we:
- Managed oversight of the successful $5.7 billion CDBG-DR match program to apply funds spent on eligible CDBG-DR projects that covered the non-federal share.
For the State of Texas our team has:
- Provided proactive technical assistance to subrecipients for a $2.2 billion disaster
- Created centralized data and reporting
- Delivered effective quality-management protocols, reimbursements, and financial management
- Closed out nearly 3,500 FEMA projects
- Verified cope completion and physical work for over 1,500 Texas projects
For the State of Mississippi, we:
- Administered more than $2.5 billion in CDBG-DR housing recovery funding.
- Hired over 600 Mississippians.
For the State of Louisiana, we:
- Developed and implemented Compliance and Monitoring plans for more than $14.3 billion of CDBG-DR-funded housing, infrastructure, economic development and planning programs.
On-Demand Webinar: Strategies for Ensuring Your Organization is Prepared for the Unexpected
The Grantee’s Armor Against Losing Disaster Recovery Grant Dollars
Learn how CohnReznick helped New York State Governor's Office of Storm Recovery (NY GOSR)
Case Study: State of Vermont Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security