Director, Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice
Taylor Sherman provides financial advisory, business restructuring, and transaction support services to corporations, lending institutions, private equity firms, hedge funds, and law firms. He advises debtors, secured lenders, bondholders, unsecured creditors, stockholders, private equity, and other stakeholders in matters involving turnaround, bankruptcy, out-of-court workouts, litigation, lender and M&A due diligence, transactional support, and profit improvement services.
- Financial advisor for global commercial real estate company in successful Chapter 11 process. Developed new business plan and financial projections used as the basis for reorganization plan and provided detailed financial reporting required for each of more than 100 debtors. Filed publicly with court and used as basis for determining and settling claims with thousands of creditors
- Financial advisor for oil and natural gas E&P company with responsibility for cash and liquidity management, performance improvement and cost reductions, and negotiating successfully with covenant relief lenders. Secured more favorable terms with creditors and vendors, helped company raise additional capital, and averted Chapter 11 filing in very challenging operating environment
- Led restructuring and sale of world’s largest resin manufacturing plant which was unfinished at time of purchase. Helped management develop a budget and work plan to complete the construction while resolving all mechanics’ liens as well as contract and unsecured claims tied to US bankruptcy process
- Reorganized offshore oil field services company and restructured balance sheet through a Chapter 11 process. Responsibilities included development of a new business plan, plan of reorganization, valuation analysis (which was contested, resolved quickly), cash management, and drafting business overview materials and analyses for court filings
- BBA, Finance and International Business – Emory University, Goizueta Business School
- Turnaround Management Association