Create an effective incident response (IR) plan to mitigate the impact of cyberattacks
When it comes to modern cybersecurity, protection is only half of the equation. Business leaders must assume that they will, at some point, fall victim to a security incident. When that happens, a coordinated, cross-functional team will need to move fast to minimize the damage.
A strong incident response (IR) plan is key to detecting, responding to, and managing security incidents in a timely manner and rapidly returning technologies, processes, and staff to normal operations, and IR has become increasingly fundamental as the sophistication and severity of cyberattacks push the cost of cybersecurity incidents to new highs.
CohnReznick’s Cybersecurity, Technology Risk, and Privacy practice combines leading risk-management and security processes and technologies to create a tailored IR program based on your specific needs, making it easier to safeguard your sensitive data, intellectual property, and brand reputation, as well as meet compliance and regulatory obligations.
The benefits of a clear and coordinated IR program
- An established and tested IR program, coupled with business continuity and disaster recovery plans, will help improve incident response time and resiliency. These programs enable organizations to:
- Rapidly take action to remediate an incident
- Better triage reported and detected security events
- Comply with any applicable compliance or regulatory requirements and align with industry standards and frameworks
- Establish processes to coordinate the response effort across teams and functions, including business unit stakeholders, management, and legal
- Provide clear documentation of IR processes, roles, and responsibilities
- Promote a culture of security and data privacy across the organization
- Increase awareness of other potential cybersecurity threats facing the organization
- Strengthen communication with executive leaders on security incidents to gain buy-in and support for strategic decisions and remediation efforts
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement based on “lessons learned”
4 phases of incident response
Why CohnReznick stands apartAt CohnReznick, our goal is to help you establish a clear plan for incident response based on your specific risks and individual business strategy, and to confirm that plan is validated, tested, effective, and aligned with your other policies and programs (e.g., business continuity, disaster recovery, crisis management, and emergency communications). Our IR teams have deep experience across industries and help develop and implement IR programs that enable quick action to minimize damages. Our cybersecurity risk management specialists have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and the evolving response of regulators to help you maintain compliance – even in the event of a breach. Plus, we work with an array of solution providers to help address specific needs for technology, solutions, and recovery platforms.
Subject matter expertise
CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, CDPSE, Principal, Global Leader, Cybersecurity, Technology Risk, and Privacy
CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, Principal, CohnReznick Advisory
Let’s start a conversation about your company’s strategic goals and vision for the future.
Please fill all required fields*
Please verify your information and check to see if all require fields have been filled in.