Changing economic conditions, operational challenges, or the natural business life cycle can cause businesses to find themselves in complex situations where their profitability or viability may be on the line. From potential bankruptcies to costly legal disputes, these events require careful assessment, modeling, planning, negotiations, and other steps to determine the best path forward.
Many of the country’s top companies, lenders, law firms, and investment firms call on CohnReznick to assist in transitional, stressed, and distressed situations. With decades of industry and situation-specific experience, our professionals can identify and implement financial and operational strategies to improve process, profit, and recovery – driving value and decreasing risk for stakeholders.
What’s your next move? Changing market and economic conditions may require businesses to implement tactics and strategies designed to reduce expenses, improve operations, and boost revenue. Our team of performance improvement specialists are objective, industry-experienced, and situation-tested. We help companies align people, process, and technology to maximize value and transition from bad to good and good to great.
- Profit enhancement assessment and execution
- Budget planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Lean and Six Sigma process improvement
- Supply chain optimization
- Organizational design
- Digital innovation and implementation
- Executive augmentation (CxO, Controller, VP Sales)
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Risk management
Business owners can face significant financial and operational issues such as liquidity challenges, operational disruption, resource constraints, or strained stakeholder relationships. Our award-winning turnaround and restructuring professionals combine industry-specific knowledge and situational experience to help stabilize cash and operations and protect and create value for long-term recovery.
- Liquidity, turnaround, and viability assessments
- Cash flow management and modeling
- Crisis and interim management (CxO)
- Lender, sponsor, and vendor workout
- Capital sourcing and asset monetization
- Fiduciary oversight (trustee, receiver, ABC)
- Bankruptcy advisory (pre- and post-filing)
- Tax planning for balance sheet restructuring
Unfavorable economic conditions can trigger financially motivated disagreements and even crimes, resulting in personal, corporate, and government disputes. These disputes can cause crippling financial, operational, and reputational damage., Our team of financial, legal, and forensic specialists can help organizations resolve disputes thoroughly, confidentially, economically, and in a time-sensitive manner. Leveraging eDiscovery, data analytics, and other tools, we can help uncover improprieties, and research and present the information needed to make the case – whether in-court or out-of-court.
- Fraud and forensic accounting
- Internal and government investigations
- Asset tracing/recovery of misused funds
- White collar crimes investigation
- Computer forensic and eDiscovery
- ESI processing
- Expert witness testimony and reports
- Legal hold, data preservation and collection
When exit options are being discussed, it makes sense to involve a team that listens, understands critical goals, and has the experience to help realize them. Whether winding down a business, transferring ownership to family member, or selling to a strategic investor or private equity firm, our professionals can craft and implement strategies to create and protect stakeholder value. We plan and manage exits to maximize recovery and minimize risk.
- Exit options with cost and risk assessment
- Prep for sale (EBITDA improvement)
- Transaction quality of earnings and buy-/sell-side diligence
- Asset and enterprise valuation
- Family estate planning
- Tax planning for exit
- Wind-down/estate management
- Liquidating trustee or assignee (ABC) services
Featuring Cynthia Romano