CohnReznick’s collective housing insight and data can help support your business strategy.
Our team synthesizes volumes of public and proprietary data into a concise, organized overview, including:
- Analysis of LIHTC comparables for vacancy rates, amenity packages, and market rates
- Critical insight into absorption rates, capture rates, and stabilized occupancy
- Region-specific expertise appropriately evaluating market rental rates
- Investigation into the potential impact on existing affordable developments
- Market participant interviews to extrapolate the local-lens perspective
- Advice on the compliance requirements of HUD Section 8 Rent Comparability Studies (RCS), viability, and contract renewal
CohnReznick adheres to the market study guidelines promulgated by the National Council of Housing Market Analysts (NCHMA), in addition to conforming to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), the Appraisal Institute’s Code of Professional Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice, and applicable state appraisal regulations.
The CohnReznick advantage
Our real estate appraisal practice provides independent appraisal services on a vast range of property types. Our professionals are state-certified appraisers, members of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), and Counselors of Real Estate (CRE), and we have experience working with…
- More than 1,000 developers and 150 not-for-profit developers annually
- 19 of the top 50 owners and 15 of the top developers in the U.S. (based on annual rankings)
- 50 public housing authorities annually
- 75% of the nation’s affordable housing investors and syndicators
- HUD-related properties and facilities
Through our Tax Credit Investment Services group, CohnReznick authors original reporting, which includes bimonthly pricing analysis, annual operational and development trends, and our online Portfolio Performance Indicator. We maintain a presence on Capitol Hill through our Governmental Affairs office, helping to shape policy and keep housing top of mind for legislators. We have developed a national organization, the Council of Independent State Housing Associations, to foster communication between and among the country’s state housing coalitions.
ACTIVE IN THE INDUSTRY
In addition to being members of the National Council of Housing Market Analysts (NCHMA), we support and are actively involved in more than 70 national, state, and local housing-related organizations.
Meet the team
MAI, Principal, Valuation Advisory Services
Let’s start a conversation about your company’s strategic goals and vision for the future.
Please fill all required fields*
Please verify your information and check to see if all require fields have been filled in.