The road to Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) compliance can be a complex journey. To navigate it successfully, you need to work with consultants who know not only the CMMC regulations, but also the business of government contracting.
CohnReznick is uniquely positioned to assist defense contractors with the CMMC compliance process as both an authorized CMMC Third-Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) and an approved Registered Provider Organization (RPO). Our team of cybersecurity professionals have gone through rigorous CMMC training and have been recognized as Registered Practitioners (RP). All this is further strengthened by our extensive experience in government contracting compliance and procurement best practices. Start your journey toward success with us today.
CMMC assessments will be conducted not by the U.S. government but by Certified Assessors sponsored by C3PAOs, independent organizations authorized and accredited by the CyberAB. C3PAOs must complete an approved training and must show independence in their work. We were proud to receive our C3PAO authorization in September 2022.
Our C3PAO services
- Sponsor CMMC assessments: Engage Certified Assessors (“Provisional Assessors” during the program rollout period), perform assessment, review the quality of assessments, and certify assessment results.
- Project-manage the assessment process
Our RPO services
- Provide consulting services to help companies prepare for CMMC assessments
- Train and coach organizations on CMMC assessments
- Provide tools and templates to help prepare for the assessment
Working with a CMMC services provider that also has significant bench strength in the government contracting arena can help ensure that your financial and procurement processes are compliant, efficient, and effective to help increase your chances of winning federal contracts.
Our team offers:
- Knowledge of how to flow down allowable CMMC costs to government agencies
- Extensive experience helping contractors maximize points on contracts
- Full lifecycle support of contracts once you win them
- Dedication to educating contractors on the latest industry trends and processes through our GovCon360° Resource Center
Strategic program management solutions
- Program and project management office (PMO) design and implementation
- Compliance, monitoring, and risk management
- Identification, inventory, and mapping of Federal Contract Information (FCI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) systems and flows
CMMC assessment assistant services
- Evidence management from repository setup to evidence tracking
- Scheduling and tracking
- Management reporting
- Risk assessments with the aim of maintaining the desired CMMC maturity levels
CMMC readiness assessment services
- Readiness Assessment per target CMMC maturity level, including identifying gaps and developing plans of actions and milestones (POAM) to remedy gaps
- External penetration testing
- Vulnerability assessments
- Training and awareness services: Cybersecurity, phishing, and ransomware
- Policy development for each domain
- Process documentation for each practice (Maturity Level 2 and above)
- Security and resource (staffing and funding) plan development (ML3 and above)
- Operating the CMMC PMO during the remediation process:
- Project definition: Objectives, timeline, resources (technical, personnel, budget)
- Vendor selection assistance, if required
- Program oversight: Reporting, issue management and escalation, POAM updates
- CMMC Third-Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) selection assistance
CohnReznick Earns CMMC Third-Party Assessment Organization