Edward James Edelman
CPA/ABV, CGMA Director, Valuation Advisory Services
Edward James (E.J.) Edelman is a director in CohnReznick Advisory’s Valuation Advisory Services practice based in the Bethesda office. He has over 15 years of valuation, consulting, and accounting experience. E.J. helps support CohnReznick’s National Real Estate practice as well as manages the firm’s National Audit Valuation group on complex real estate and valuation transactions.
E.J.’s assignments have included valuing real estate holding companies, fractional interest valuations, estate and gift valuations, and appraisals for regional shopping centers, urban and suburban office buildings, industrial and warehouse facilities, hotels, resorts (including marinas and golf courses), multifamily residential, and mixed-use properties.
E.J. is also experienced in performing purchase price allocations in accordance with Accounting Standards Codification 805, Business Combinations, and for a variety of asset types. Other assignments have included risk advisory reviews and financial performance analysis for various real estate companies. He is experienced with GAAP, Fair Value, and Income Tax basis of accounting. He is also proficient with ARGUS.
B.A., Accounting, Randolph-Macon College
B.A., Business & Economics, Randolph-Macon College
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA): Licensed in Maryland and Virginia
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Real Estate Appraiser: Licensed in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
- NAIOP Maryland Chapter, Membership Committee Co-Chair
- General Candidate for Designation