Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC): A road map to compliance
With the Department of Defense finalizing its plans to start incorporating CMMC requirements into its RFIs and RFPs (requests for information/proposals), many contractors may still be uncertain where to begin. We’ve got you covered.
Use our high-level road map to help get you started on your journey toward compliance.
1. Determine what level of maturity your organization needs to (or would like to) achieve.
2. Review the CMMC framework to understand the practices and processes your organization would need to comply with for the level of maturity desired.
3. Conduct a preparedness assessment – work with a third party or with your team to identify technical gaps in existing vs. required practices.
4. Develop and implement practices that are found to be non-existent (or fixes for those determined weak) based on the results of the assessment.
5. Deploy technical solutions where needed.
6. Remediate other process gaps as identified in the preparedness assessment.
7. Identify/select a CMMC Third-Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) firm for your CMMC audit.
8. Obtain your desired CMMC level maturity certification based on the audit.