This is the first, introductory installment in our new series about the various types of movement propelling changes, challenges, and opportunities across the real estate industry. Ready to dive right into specific tips and insights? Check out our article on the capital markets now. Plus, make sure you’re subscribed to receive future articles.
Progress is made through an infinite series of steps, leading not necessarily toward a final destination, but rather constantly forward. And while the real estate industry has seen firsthand that no one can fully predict where the future will lead, there are always opportunities to prepare today to be better positioned as we move forward to build a better tomorrow, together.
Nearly three years ago, as the industry (and the world) started adjusting to our new pandemic reality, we at CohnReznick took a deep dive into the importance of trust in addressing real estate’s new and evolving challenges and opportunities.
Today, the industry is more settled – into a state of constant motion. To keep up, trust is no longer sufficient: Investors, owners, operators, developers, and communities must now look to embrace the movement driving the sector forward in order to create new value along its uncharted path.
When we think of the term movement, two meanings come to mind: 1) change in physical location – traveling or migrating from one place to another – and 2) a cause, or ideological shift. Right now, both are happening in the world of real estate. For example, people are relocating as they continue to reevaluate the best places to live and work, and companies are rethinking how they do business as calls for environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) grow. All this movement is happening in different directions and at different velocities.
With all of this in mind, we are excited to be embarking on a new series of articles to explore the various types of movement happening within real estate, and what those in the industry need to know to adapt their business strategies and better prepare for the future. Read on for an overview of what we have planned, and subscribe now to make sure you don’t miss a word.
In this series, we will focus on four key areas impacting real estate performance:
- Capital markets: The economic and social factors that are driving the decisions investors are making right now.
- Supply chains: Overcoming years of significant disruptions by rethinking how real estate sources and uses materials.
- Operational models: Revisiting your systems and processes to drive greater analytical insights and operational efficiencies while adapting to the evolving needs of your employees.
- People and experience: Creating the communities, experiences, and sense of purpose people are looking for within the places they live, work, and invest.
Along the way, we’ll also touch on critical issues such as:
- Where current legislation stands to impact the political landscape on both federal and local levels
- Shifts in emerging technologies
- Expanding risk considerations
- The growing call for a strong commitment to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors
Explore the Types of Movement Happening Within Real Estate to Prepare For The Future