Cannabis job and market trends: A mid-year check-in with FlowerHire
At the beginning of 2023, cannabis recruiting agency FlowerHire published their Cannabis Industry Forecast 2023: A list of 10 predictions of cannabis job and market trends for the year ahead.
Six months in, FlowerHire’s David Belsky and Aisha Alves sat down with CohnReznick’s Michaela Reid for a status update on which predictions have turned out as “CannaYes” or “CannaNo” – and where things are still a bit hazy.
Watch their spirited discussion below to find out how each prediction has been faring:
- Cultivation is still the #1 job creator in all of cannabis (0:30)
- There will still be a migration of talent (1:10)
- New York will be a game changer (2:00)
- More innovative social equity programs (3:15)
- More recruiting of candidates with cannabis industry experience (4:45)
- Cannabis is still a force for upward mobility (6:10)
- Rise of “glue” positions (7:05)
- Compensation is more on par with other industries (8:45)
- Improved human capital solutions (11:00)
- The HR maturity in maturing markets will increase (12:45)
Subject matter expertise
Managing Principal – Real Estate, Cannabis Industries
Let’s start a conversation about your company’s strategic goals and vision for the future.
Please fill all required fields*
Please verify your information and check to see if all require fields have been filled in.