Affordable Housing CRedit Report
For many years, CohnReznick has tracked the performance of affordable housing properties financed with federal low-income housing tax credits (LIHTCs).
This report, the latest in our biennial series, provides comprehensive data, analysis, and insights into the latest performance trends observed across the surveyed portfolio, collected from more than 30,000 housing tax credit properties. Use it to benchmark portfolios, develop best practices, and gain insights into the affordable housing industry.
Access the 2021 CRedit Study to read about:
- Fund investment performance
- Property operating performance, including occupancy (physical and economic), debt coverage ratio (DCR), and risk ratings, broken down by factors including:
- Property age, size, and credit type (4% or 9%)
- State and location type (metro or nonmetro counties)
- Tenancy type
- Availability of rental assistance
- Hard debt leverage ratio
- Income and expenses
- Deep dives into underperforming assets and foreclosure
- Plus, the impacts of COVID-19 on property performance
Despite all the challenges that the nation faced in 2020 from the COVID-19 pandemic, the data show that the industry once again proved to be resilient.
For best results, please proceed on desktop in Chrome.
Filling out this form will also give you access to interactive data through our online user interface, the CRedit Tool, which has been updated with this most recent data.