Senior Consultant, Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice
New York, NY
Kate Nowinski is a senior consultant in CohnReznick’s Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice. She has experience in bankruptcy related litigation support, restructuring, and forensic investigation services and regularly performs analyses of financial statements, capital structures, debt transactions, financial ratios, and other operating metrics. Her industry experience includes telecommunications, oil and gas, retail, financial services, state and local government, and healthcare.
- Performed detailed analysis of company projections and assessment of capital adequacy and ability to pay of a telecom provider in bankruptcy. Conducted multiple cash flow tests under various scenarios, analyzed historical financial condition, reviewed third party market commentary, and assessed overall industry landscape.
- Performed extensive analysis of financial condition and capital structure of an oil and gas company with a complex parent-subsidiary relationship. Extensive debt analysis involved assessing the impact of multiple transactions including the refinancing of third-party debt with intercompany debt and debt reduction related to asset sales.
- Participated in a large-scale forensic investigation of a government official that embezzled public funds via a complex web of related parties and shell companies. Analyzed thousands of transactions and supporting documentation for indicia of fraud.
- Analyzed proposed plan of reorganization of a healthcare provider on behalf of a secured creditor. Performed detailed analysis of claims and debtor’s projections.
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
- Turnaround Management Association
- BS, Business Administration, Finance – University of Pittsburgh