Manager, Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice
New York, NY
Kate Nowinski provides bankruptcy-related litigation support, restructuring services, and forensic investigation services to CohnReznick clients. In this role, she performs analyses of financial statements, capital structures, debt transactions, financial ratios, and other operating metrics. Kate is experienced in performing assessments of financial condition, capital adequacy, and ability to pay of distressed businesses or those involved in complex litigation.
Kate has worked on cases involving fraudulent conveyances, related party transactions, spin-offs, sale-leasebacks, and significant environmental liabilities. Her industry experience includes telecommunications, oil and gas, retail, financial services, state and local government, and healthcare.
- Analyzed company projections and assessed of capital adequacy and ability to pay for a telecom provider in bankruptcy. Conducted multiple cash flow tests under various scenarios, analyzed historical financial condition, reviewed third party market commentary, and assessed overall industry landscape.
- Performed extensive analysis of financial condition and capital structure of an oil and gas company with complex parent-subsidiary relationship. Debt analysis involved assessing the impact of multiple transactions including the refinancing of third-party debt with intercompany debt and debt reduction related to asset sales.
- Participated in large-scale forensic investigation of government official who embezzled public funds using complex web of related parties and shell companies. Analyzed thousands of transactions and supporting documentation for indicia of fraud.
- Analyzed healthcare provider’s proposed plan of reorganization on behalf of secured creditor. Performed detailed analysis of claims and debtor’s projections.
- BS, Business Administration, Finance – University of Pittsburgh
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
- Turnaround Management Association