CPA, Senior Manager, Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice
New York, NY
Joonam Hwang is a senior manager in CohnReznick’s Advisory’s Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice. His focus is on leading advisory projects in financial advisory, restructuring, and transaction support services to troubled companies, debtors, law firms, lending institutions, private equity firms, secured lenders, unsecured creditors, and other constituents. His industry experience includes healthcare, hospitality, financial sponsors, and manufacturing and distribution. In addition, Joonam has extensive experience in areas of turnaround management, corporate restructuring, wind-down leadership, business valuation, due diligence, corporate finance, and transaction support.
- Financial Advisor to a private real estate management company in the divestiture of a 900+ unit luxury apartment complex for $506MM through a complex bankruptcy process.
- Financial Advisor to the 100-year-old family owned business which provides essential financial services, collateral based loans, and purchases to communities throughout the state of New Jersey.
- Financial Advisor to a private distressed $225M+ for-profit hospital with specialty care business lines and facilities
- Financial Advisor to a $220M+ for-profit healthcare network (hospitals and special surgery clinics) with significant liquidity challenges, including an Opco/ Propco structure and government settlement negotiations.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Turnaround Management Association 2020 Restructuring of the Year
- Atlas Awards 2021 Out-of-Court Restructuring of the Year
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Turnaround Management Association
- BS, Accounting, State University of New York at Binghamton, School of Management
PRIOR BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
- CR3 Partners
- Deloitte Corporate Restructuring Group, Financial Advisor
- KPMG Risk Advisory Service, Financial Advisor