Jim Aronoff is a Managing Director of Cohn Reznick’s Restructuring and Dispute Resolution practice. Based in New York, he has 40 years of experience as an attorney, consultant, and investment banker in the secured lending, financial services and capital markets arenas where he provides advisory, litigation support, and expert witness services to law firms, financial institutions, and other stakeholders.
Jim’s experience includes overseeing structured finance arrangements including distressed, sub-performing, and nonperforming assets and securities to help clients maximize their financial benefit. His experience also includes providing risk management, portfolio valuation, and transaction oversight services across the financial services industry where he has established strong working relationships. He has performed valuations, investigations, and forensic reviews for secured lending facilities, capital markets transactions, public and private securities, and secured and unsecured commercial, residential, and consumer assets.
Jim’s select services and experience include:
• Providing advice and guidance regarding secured lending, securitizations (including CMBS, RMBS and other ABS), or other structured transactions (including CDOs, CLOs, and other structured products) to investors, servicers, trustees, originators and lenders, including in connection with bankruptcy and restructuring
• Performing valuations, investigations and due diligence relating to secured lending facilities, capital markets transactions, public and private securities, and to numerous types of commercial, residential and consumer assets--both secured and unsecured
• Imparting the technical and industry knowledge needed to help clients understand and evaluate issues regarding complex commercial litigation and other disputes. This guidance includes internal discussions in advance of litigation, settlement discussions, potential regulatory investigations or inquiries, and arbitrations and mediations
• Supporting all stages of complex commercial litigation engagements, including aggregation and analysis of large data sets, including document reviews, assessment of facts and strategic options, forensic reviews, damages assessment, and provision of expert reports and testimony
• Designing and implementing transaction oversight, regulatory compliance and risk management strategies. Jim's guidance in this area includes valuation, benchmarking and evaluation of the quality and performance of asset pools and/or securities, and providing timely, comprehensive management reporting
• Performing operational reviews and compliance audits of related parties and service providers, and identifying and remediating deviations from transaction requirements or potential impediments to expected outcomes
• Providing leadership and strategic oversight with respect to the remediation, workout, resolution, and/or disposition of assets (including the provision of valuation and asset sale advisory services)
• Managing structured finance arrangements, including distressed, sub performing, and nonperforming assets and securities to help clients maximize their financial benefit
- Yale University: Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Political Science
- Cornell Law School: Juris Doctor, Specialization in International Law