Partner, Real Estate Assurance Leader
Los Angeles, CA
Gabriel Marquez is a partner in CohnReznick’s Real Estate Assurance practice with over 32 years of professional experience. He has served a variety of public and privately-held real estate and construction companies, including real estate developers/owners/operators, pension-sponsored and private equity real estate funds, homebuilders, engineering firms and contractors.
Gabriel has extensive experience in GAAP technical matters, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 controls and SEC experience with both 1933 and 1934 Act Filings. He has led various client projects ranging from land development/construction cost and operational audits, contract claims resolution, mergers and acquisitions, and restructurings/reorganizations. He serves as a firm subject matter expert on contract accounting matters and has authored several industry-related articles.
He has served as a National and Los Angeles Chapter Director for the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), and is a member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and California Society of CPAs. Gabriel has served as a Corporate Advisory Board member for the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA).
- Bachelor’s in Psychology, Accounting Emphasis, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Serves on the Board of Directors at the Los Angeles Variety Boys & Girls Club in Boyle Heights
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and California Society of CPAs
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA)