CIRA, Principal, Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice
Antony Walker is a Principal in CohnReznick Advisory’s Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice. With 30 years of experience in financial analysis, operational planning and execution as well as turnaround and crisis leadership, Antony Walker has a proven track record of creating value for stakeholders. He specializes in fixing broken businesses and in preparing and reviewing strategic and restructuring plans, developing and reviewing financial projections and has been successful in the turnaround of many organizations. Mr. Walker works with various constituencies including entrepreneurs, management teams, senior lenders, boards of directors and creditors helping entities identify and implement go forward strategies and value creation. Mr. Walker also has significant interim leadership and bankruptcy experience.
His experience spans numerous industries including: Manufacturing, Non-Profit, Technology, Healthcare, Travel & Leisure, Retail & Distribution, Restaurants, Waste Management, Consulting Groups, and Energy Distribution.
A sample of his engagements include:
- Interim Executive Director and de facto CFO of the Merrimack Education Center for two years during a period of extreme crisis; managed four divisions with 150 staff, including special needs transportation services, technology, education and real estate. Obtained emergency financing, created strategic plan for go forward, improved operational performance, entered into settlement agreement resolving significant legal claims.
- Interim CFO for a psychometrics testing company during and following an acquisition. Supported the purchasing equity group during diligence, was the interim CFO post-transaction, and identified and trained a permanent CFO.
- Financial Advisor to the Trustee of a large fuel distribution network. Negotiated sale of holdings and helped navigate through a Chapter 11 filing.
- Developed numerous Senior Lender and Board assessments across multiple industries.
- Managed the complex wind-down and liquidation of a $1B electronics retailer.
- Managing the sale and dissolution of a non-profit technology, transportation and education based group.
- Assisted in the turnaround of various non-profits including the New England Aquarium and the Boston Ballet.
- Developed the analytical work and provided strategic guidance for the States Attorneys General in a multi-billion $ tobacco litigation settlement.
- Led multiple litigation and forensic analysis support projects for government and creditor investigations.
B.A. with Honors, Economics and Accounting, University of Stirling
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, Fellow
American Bankruptcy Institute, VALCON, Advisory Board Member
Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
Turnaround Management Association