FCA, CIRA, Principal, Financial Modeling & Decision Analytics Practice; Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice
With over 30 years of experience in corporate recovery, Antony Walker has consistently delivered results for his clients in turnarounds, restructurings, bankruptcies, operational improvement projects, cost reduction initiatives, complex financial analysis, and crisis cash and vendor management. He works collaboratively with management teams, senior lenders and corporate boards to fix broken businesses and generate measurable outcomes for key stakeholders. Antony is the lead partner in CohnReznick’s Financial Modeling and Decision Analytics group.
Antony’s industry experience includes healthcare, manufacturing, not-for-profit, technology, retail, and professional services.
- Financial advisor to a large group of nursing homes in a multi-year project responsible for day-to-day leadership and crisis management. In running the treasury group, made all disbursement decisions and managed all vendor communication necessary to maintain patient care through unprecedented industry crisis and dislocation. Negotiated significant settlements with multiple vendors to enhance value for client. Provided strategic planning, advice, and execution to owners in exiting 15 unprofitable locations and setting up go-forward strategic realignment from a complex loss-making skilled nursing model to a profitable and simplified assisted living business model.
- Designed, built, and implemented complex financial modeling and decision-making tools for clients to enable them to efficiently track and manage global disbursement needs, assess acquisition targets, and report performance to key stakeholders. Clients ranged in size from $30m to $1.5bn.
- Interim Executive Director and CFO of diverse non-profit group during a period of extreme crisis and employee dislocation. Provided leadership to four separate divisions including transportation, technology, education, and real estate. Secured emergency financing, managed cash, created and implemented a strategic plan, improved operational performance, and entered into settlement agreements with federal and state authorities, resolving significant legal claims.
- Interim CFO for a psychometrics testing company during and following an acquisition. Supported the purchasing equity group during diligence, was appointed interim CFO post-transaction and identified and trained a permanent CFO. Resolved numerous aged and disputed multi-million dollar recoveries for client as part of the assignment.
- Worked in partnership with the Trustee of a large fuel distribution network to successfully navigate a disputed ownership and complicated debt structure through a Chapter 11 filing. Provided critical data analytics and strategic negotiation skills during multiple mediations and eventual sale process. Creditor recoveries were twice of what was originally projected.
- Prepared numerous operational and financial assessments across multiple industries, getting to the heart of each business and providing concise diagnosis of critical issues. Produced reports that identified tangible cost savings opportunities and operational/structural efficiencies, actionable recommendations, and a plan for timing and responsibilities.
- Efficiently managed complex wind-down and multiple store closures of a $1B electronics retailer as the bankruptcy CRO. After store closures completed on time and within budget. Worked to monetize the sale of the remaining assets to maximize recoveries for creditors, which were significantly more than anticipated.
- Ran the turnaround of various not-for-profits including an aquarium, a city ballet company, a religious based organization, and a theater. Each project required identifying, negotiating, and implementing multi-million dollar cost reductions to achieve balanced budgets and to put savings in place.
- Developed core analytical work and provided strategic guidance for various states attorneys general in $200 billion tobacco master settlement agreement during late 1990’s.
Events and speaking engagements
- “How Non-Profits are Succeeding Amid Covid” - June 2021, webinar moderator
Awards and recognition
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA), 2019 Turnaround and Transaction of the Year Award for role on the team working on highly complex and public restructuring process of a not-for-profit organization’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing in the Southern District of New York.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, Fellow
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- ABI’s VALCON, former Board member
- BA (with Honors), Accounting and Economics – University of Stirling
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor
Prior business experience
- CR3 Partners, LLC, Partner
- Chrysalis Management, LLC, Partner
- CRG Partners, LLC, Partner
- Deloitte, Manager, Corporate Recovery