CPA, PMP, Partner, Government Contracting Industry Practice Leader
To conduct business with governmental agencies, government contractors must deal with a complex and changing array of regulations and requirements.
Through our Government Contracting Practice, CohnReznick helps contractors comply with a multitude of government regulations while providing advice to help grow their businesses.
Our government contracting practice professionals understand the intricacies of the Defense Contract Audit Agency, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Cost Accounting Standards, and other state and federal regulations that impact government contractors. We serve contractors in industries ranging from construction and real estate to security and janitorial services. We also understand the unique requirements of special business status types such as Alaskan native corporations, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses, and 8(a), minority and woman-owned businesses.
Our services include:
- Audits, reviews, compilations: We can conduct financial statement audits, reviews and compilations, and audits in accordance with U.S. government auditing standards, including OMB A-133 (Yellow Book) and DOE316 audits
- FAR and CAS services: With extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), we advise clients on contract matters, rate structure and commercial/federal service mix issues
- Indirect costs and rates: Cost and rate structures must achieve compliance with government regulations and be competitive in the marketplace. We assist government contractors in areas that include indirect rate analysis and structure, multi-tiered rate structure and review, provisional rate/billing rate development, and GSA schedule consulting
- Government contract compliance: We can help to proactively address federal regulations and avoid compliance issues through services that include DCAA and other cognizant audit agency assistance, pre-award survey audits, cost and rate development and structuring, and Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence (FOCI) assistance
- Business advisory services: Whether you are a small contractor just starting out or a large company with dozens of high-volume contracts, we can help you reach your business goals. We provide a comprehensive array of advisory services ranging from trust and estate planning to preparing for a merger or acquisition
- Tax services: Cutting costs, reducing taxes, and complying with numerous state and federal tax regulations are issues that government contractors face every day. We can help you minimize your tax burden through comprehensive tax planning and consulting
Learn more about, or register to attend, our Government Contracting Lunch and Learn Series.
To access the latest tools and resources for the government contracting community, visit GovCon360.
- September 30, 2016 The Government Avoided Another Shutdown. Here’s How You Can Prepare for Another Round in December. | CohnReznick Alert