CPA, Partner, National Director - Commercial Real Estate Industry
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Urban Land Institute
- Pension Real Estate Association
- The Real Estate Roundtable
David Kessler is a partner with CohnReznick and serves as National Director of the Firm's Commercial Real Estate Industry Practice. He has 30 years of experience providing audit, tax, and management advisory services to the real estate and financial services industries, representing clients nationally.
David represents both public and private clients including developers, private equity funds, institutional investors such as life companies and pension funds, lenders, asset management companies, property management companies, REITs, loan funds, and hedge funds. His clients operate and develop hotels, office, multifamily, industrial, retail, nursing and assisted living, land development, military housing, and student housing units.
David's services for commercial real estate clients include audit and management advisory services, including assisting new and existing PE funds with structures, compliance, and asset or portfolio due diligence. He works with RIA’s, Fund Managers, and is proficient with real estate accounting and reporting as well as real estate operations. David frequently works with the firm’s Advisory Practice.
David designed and has taught a real estate accounting graduate-level course at Georgetown University’s School of Continuing Studies and the University of Maryland’s School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation as part of each university’s graduate degree program in real estate development. He speaks frequently at real estate industry conferences throughout the country.
- B.S., Accounting – University of Maryland College Park
- April 2017 "Investors Eye Real Estate Debt as Bull Market Wanes" | Wall Street Journal
- March 2017 "4 Quick Questions With CohnReznick's David Kessler" | REIT.com
- January 2017 "David Kessler on the Trump Effect on the Economy and Commercial Real Estate" |The Commercial Real Estate Show
- January 2017 "Key CRE Points for 2017 - Q&A with David Kessler of CohnReznick" | Commercial Property Executive
- January 2017 "7 Trends Driving Commercial Real Estate in 2017" | Multifamily Executive
- January 2017 "REITs End 2016 with a Total Return of 9.3 Percent" | REIT.com
- January 2017 "Why REIT JVs Will Be Top Capital Source for Developers in 2017" | GlobeSt.com