CPA, Audit Partner and Technology/Life Sciences Industry Practice Leader
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
With more than 25 years of experience, Alex Castelli serves as CohnReznick's Technology and Life Sciences Industry Practice Leader. Additionally, he is Co-Leader of the Firm’s National Liquidity and Capital Formation Advisory Group and a member of the Firm’s Public Companies Group. Providing audit, accounting, tax and advisory services, Alex primarily manages commercial enterprise engagements and services privately held companies, investor-backed companies, early and later stage companies, and SEC reporting companies.
As a member of the Public Companies Group, Alex understands the challenges and opportunities of the capital markets and possesses the technical skills, insight, and experience to service the needs of his clients as well as investment bankers, investment advisors, attorneys, lenders, investors, audit committees, and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory authorities. He has extensive experience in audit, accounting, and reporting issues relating to public operational and development stage entities. His service approach includes advising clients on the identification and resolution of financial reporting issues. Working closely with his clients, Alex advises them on the development of accounting policies and procedures and assists in the reporting matters in addition to financing and capital formation transactions.
Prior to joining CohnReznick, Alex served as a controller for a national retail clothing chain and worked with a "Big 4" accounting firm. He is frequently quoted in the media on middle-market liquidity and capital raising issues including crowdfunding, access to capital, and the various components of the JOBS Act.
- B.S., Accounting – Washington and Lee University
- March 2017 "4 Takeaways From Snap's Blockbuster IPO" | Law360
- February 2017 "Busted Biotech IPOs Raise Specter of Reverse Mergers" | The Deal
- December 2016 "IPO Market Looking Up After Hitting Bottom in 2016" | SNL
- December 2016 "IPO Market Drops to 7-Year Low" | CFO Magazine
- August 2016 "Crowdfunding: Why Access to Capital Is Now Easier" | Small Business Journal
- May 2016 "Your Guide to the High-Risk, High Reward World of Investing in Startups" | Entrepreneur