For many years, women have made up the majority of accountants in the United States. Even so, more needs to be done to increase the representation of women in the industry's senior ranks. Not only do organizations with diverse leadership teams outperform homogeneous ones, but accounting's women at the top are powerful role models for other women in accounting and in other industries as well.
To help retain and advance women and prepare them to be tomorrow's business leaders, CohnReznick launched its women’s program 2005. Today, WomenCAN: A Collaborative Advocacy Network for Women provides access to mentors, roundtable discussions with firm partners, leadership development courses and other professional growth opportunities.
CohnReznick receives 2017 Winner's Circle Award for Women In Leadership.
CohnReznick was named among the 2016 Best Public Accounting Firms for Women by the Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance and the American Woman's Society of Certified Public Accountants.
CohnReznick received AWCPA's 2015 Innovation in Women's Programming Award.
Join the Conversation
Sign up for CohnReznick mailings, including Executive Women's Forum.
The program was later expanded to include executive women from client companies and other organizations outside the firm. This has allowed participants to exchange ideas and strategies on issues that affect women across industries, including work-life balance, maintaining motivation at different life-cycle points and business development challenges.
CohnReznick is committed to the advancement of women—and to providing its clients with the exceptional service and critical insight that comes from a diverse organization.
In the News
- January 5, 2017 CohnReznick Recognized for Women Leadership Initiatives | Accounting Today
- December 7, 2016 CRCMS’ Britta von Oesen Appointed Co-Chair of SEIA’s Newly Announced Women’s Empowerment Sub-Committee
- September 29, 2016 Risa Lavine and Michelle Lifschitz Featured in Executive Sponsorship for Women CPAs: A True Measure of Success | AccountingWeb
- September 19, 2016 Pipeline to Finish Line: 2017 Accounting MOVE Project to Outline Winning Strategies for Propelling Women to Partner & Principal | Wilson-Taylor Associates
- July 29, 2016 Game-Changing Women's Initiatives at CPA Firms | Accounting Today
- July 6, 2016 NJCPA Announces its 2016 Women of Note | New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- June 9, 2016 WomeCAN featured in "Gender Equity in Accounting: How the CPA Profession is Balancing the Numbers" by Kristen Rampe and Sarah Elliott | Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- April 12, 2016 Tracy Fink on Courageous Leadership: Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone | AHLA Women's Leadership Council
- January 18, 2016 What to Do When a "Devil's Advocate" Tries to Derail Your Project | Harvard Business Review
- January 5, 2016 Michelle Hurst on Workplace Flexibility | California CPA
- September 22, 2015 CohnReznick Partners with 2016 Accounting MOVE Project Entitled Sponsorship: Stepping Up Success
- June 23, 2015 CohnReznick Receives AWSCPA's 2015 Innovation in Women's Programming Award
- June 4, 2015 CohnReznick Named to Accounting & Financial Women's Alliance and AWSCPA 2015 Best Public Accounting Firms for Women
- October 2, 2014 2015 Accounting MOVE Project to Highlight Moments of Personal Illumination that Resulted in Culture Change
- June 25, 2014 CohnReznick Named a Best Accounting Firm for Women
- January 3, 2014 Glass Hammer, Finding Women-Friendly Employers: Look for the accolades and then look beyond them
- May 2013 Inside Public Accounting Extra, Return on Investment x 3