MAI, CRE, FRICS, CRA, Principal, CohnReznick Advisory - National Director,
Valuation Advisory Services Practice
Valuations are critical for a range of business transactions as well as compliance requirements. Accurate valuation requires an understanding of the strategic context at hand, expertise in the technical application of valuation techniques and broad experience in a range of intangible issues.
CohnReznick Advisory Group provides both public companies and closely-held businesses with valuation services. Our expertise includes covering business enterprises, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities, in addition to partnership interests, private debt instruments, options, warrants and other derivative products as well as tangible assets including real estate and alternative energy. We have the capability to combine capital market, real estate and complex security expertise for the valuation of fractional interests as well as debt and securitized debt instruments. Our broad range of services is used for many purposes including:
- Financial reporting valuations: We provide the full range of valuations required for reporting purposes, including fair value measurements, purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment studies, intellectual property valuation and investment fund portfolio valuation.
- Tax related valuations: We provide a full range of valuation services for tax purposes including estate, gift and income taxes including charitable contributions, transfer pricing and net operating loss limitations.
- Asset based appraisal services for real estate, energy, and other tangible asset valuation: We are licensed to perform real estate appraisal services in all 50 states and perform valuations of alternative energy assets including solar, wind and biomass technologies. We combine capital market, real estate and complex security experience in the valuation of fractional interests as well as debt and securitized debt instruments.
- Transaction and strategic advisory: We provide buyers and sellers with strategic planning advice, structuring to maximize economic and tax benefits, financial and tax due diligence, and valuation and fairness opinions.
- Dispute and litigation services: We provide valuation and economic analysis for the full gamut of dispute and litigation including divorce, bankruptcy and restructuring, buy/sell and shareholder disputes, eminent domain and other commercial litigation.
- Machinery and Equipment Valuation: Companies rely on the accurate, unbiased, and objective valuation of their machinery and equipment to make informed business decisions and maximize financial performance. Whether determining collateral value for lenders, insurable value, facing a dispute or litigation, or needing to comply with strict tax and financial reporting guidelines, companies and their financial partners require clear insight into the value of these capital assets.
- Solar Energy Valuation: Valuation of solar energy projects is a complex subject and a source of tension between regulators, and debt equity investors. Download “Valuation of Solar Energy Assets,” a SEIA white paper that highlights best practices, as well as common pitfalls, in solar energy assets.
- Right-of-Way Valuation services: When complex eminent domain issues arise, utility and management companies turn to CohnReznick for the expertise and efficiency of a proven single resource for valuation, litigation support, and financial advisory needs.
- Divorce valuation services: We are nationally recognized for our valuation, forensic accounting, and financial knowledge in the area of divorce. We work closely with family lawyers and their clients, handling the complex issues that often arise in divorce settings and in post-decree matters. We provide independent valuations of various types of business interests, forensic accounting, and expert witness testimony in marital dissolution cases and assist attorneys in the discovery process and in analyzing financial documents. We also serve as mediators, court-appointed experts or mutually agreed-to experts for the parties. Our team includes Certified Public Accounts, Accredited Business Valuators, Certified Valuation Analysts, Certified Forensic Examiners, Certified in Divorce Mediation, and Certified Divorce Financial Analysts.