Forensics and Litigation
CPA, Partner, CohnReznick Advisory - Restructuring and Litigation Advisory National Director
Partner, Restructuring and Litigation Advisory
CPA, Partner, Restructuring and Litigation Advisory
CPA, ABV, Partner
Retired Partner, Consultant
Accounting in an adversarial context requires specialized knowledge, versatility with a range of technological and forensic tools, and the resources and bench strength to dig deep. CohnReznick's Forensic and Litigation practice is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of attorneys, certified public accountants, certified fraud examiners, certified financial forensics specialists, certified insolvency and restructuring advisors, and certified valuation analysts.
Our forensic accounting knowledge is recognized by governmental law enforcement agencies including the FBI, SEC, and IRS and we have played key roles in some of the most significant bankruptcy cases in history.
Our services include:
- Forensic accounting: We have decades of experience tracing and recovering misappropriated funds, uncovering and quantifying damages and losses, conducting investigations and extracting, reconstructing and analyzing data.
- Integrity Monitoring: Our forensic accountants and fraud examiners leverage robust eDiscovery and data analytics tools to identify anomalies that can be tied to fraudulent dealings, corrupt relationships, the misappropriation of funds, or other wrongdoings – ultimately aiding clients in overseeing their projects to mitigate corruption, fraud, waste, and abuse. We also have experience serving as court-appointed monitors and handling claim settlements.
- Litigation support and dispute resolution: We provide legal counsel with the financial expertise needed to unravel the complex issues at work in bankruptcy and solvency litigation, fraudulent conveyances, preferences, and other avoidance actions; directors and officers litigation and purchase-price disputes.
- Accounting malpractice claims: Investigations of accounting malpractice claims require specialized knowledge of technical issues relating to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards. Our forensic accountants combine that knowledge with the expertise to assess loss causation and damages.
- Damage analysis: Our professionals are knowledgeable in accurately assessing economic losses by interpreting the relationships between actual performance, but-for performance and the present value of past and future losses.