CPA, Senior Manager, Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice
Jaime Angarita is a senior manager in CohnReznick’s Advisory’s Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice. He is a CPA with extensive experience in areas of executive management and finance and advises corporations on how to maximize value and recover assets. In his role, he provides financial advisory and litigation support services specializing in the areas of turnaround and corporate restructuring, as well as investigative and forensic accounting.
Over his career, Mr. Angarita has provided advisory services both in and out of court in the areas of of interim management, process and profitability improvement, large scale investigations, fiduciary roles, strategic planning, liquidity management, financial planning and analysis, cost reduction initiatives, financial modeling and forecasting, preference & fraudulent transfers, damage and lost-profit calculations, computer forensics & eDiscovery, and M&A due diligence.
Mr. Angarita has testified as an expert witness in court, and has earned Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisory (CIRA) and Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) accreditation. He has represented and advised court-appointed trustees, receivers, examiners, lenders, private equity firms, unsecured creditors, senior management, and board of directors in a variety of matters including the following:
- Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) of a $50+ million revenue behavioral health and education services corporation; implemented and executed a successful out-of-court restructuring
- Financial advisor to a $250+ million revenue health and social services corporation; stabilized cash and successfully transferred patients to alternative providers during a Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Windown leadership to multiple liquidating trusts, providing clear and concise consultation resulting in hundreds of millions of monetary recovery and preservation
- Cash-flow and treasury management to a debtor holding numerous rental properties
- Operational advisor to a large shipping and logistics company, uncovering internal control weaknesses and embezzlement
- Asset recovery and forensic accounting in multiple billion-dollar Ponzi schemes
- Interim-controller and crisis management executive in a corporate exit of manufacturing plants with international locations
Prior to joining CohnReznick, Jaime spent his career working for national and global consulting firms, as well as large regional private sector companies. He is fluent in Spanish.
B.S., Finance and Accounting, University of South Florida
Masters in Accounting, Florida International University
Association for Corporate Growth
Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
Commercial Finance Association
Counsel of Urban Professionals
Hispanic National Bar Association
Turnaround Management Association