CTP, Southeast Practice Leader, Debt Advisory, Restructuring & Dispute Resolution
David Weinstein is the Southeast Practice Leader, Debt Advisory, of CohnReznick Advisory’s Restructuring and Dispute Resolution Practice. He has more than 35 years of workout and restructuring experience across various industries including retail and consumer goods, manufacturing, automotive, and aviation. David’s versatile experience as an advisor and creditor have given him an insider’s knowledge of lender and creditor positions, capital sourcing, and workouts and restructuring in and out of court.
- Experience with market-leading financial institutions like Ares Management LLC, Arthur Andersen LLP, and The CIT Group, and entrepreneurial organizations like Next Edge Capital, Blacksail Capital, and Lakeside Advisors.
- Advisor to clients in placing, advising, structuring, and negotiating the financing / refinancing of publicly and privately held national and multinational companies ranging from $25 million to $3 billion in revenues.
- As interim CFO for beverage importer, provided weekly cash flow analysis, negotiated with critical vendors, implemented new accounting software, advised CEO on strategic alternatives and debt refinancing.
- CFO for start-up data management and mining company. Set up accounting system, general ledger, and payroll. Advised Board on capital raise. Managed payroll and HR issues
- Liquidating Trustee for Confirmed Plan of Account Debtor. Negotiated and settled distributions for prepetition creditors. Liquidated the Estate.
- Provided due diligence services for a regional bank. Provided guidance on various portfolios and new prospects, including field examinations, business assessment, and overall viability of the prospects.
- Financial advisor to private golf club and led negotiations with its current lender to either restructure out of court or in bankruptcy.
- Performed financial assessments in connection with the Connecticut Economic Development Agency prior to and as ongoing services for the CEDA portfolio of borrowers.
- Adjunct faculty and guest lecturer at Pace University’s Lubin School of Business. Previously, guest lecturer at Columbia University; adjunct faculty at New York University and Norwalk Community College; lecturer at New York Institute of Credit.
- ABI Northeast Conference, Panelist
- Connecticut Turnaround Management Association, Panelist
- Florida Turnaround Management Association, Panelist
- IMN Special Assets Forum, Moderator
- TMA / ACG / XPX Program Coordinator, Economic Forum
- NYIC Mohegan Sun Credit and Bankruptcy Symposium, Moderator
- Turnaround Management Association, Turnaround Professional Certification Oversight Committee (Member); Connecticut Chapter (Former Chair and President); New York Chapter (Former Chair and President); Executive and Management Committee International (Former Member); Chapter and Academic Relations Committee (Former Vice President); President’s Council (Former President); Nominating and Awards Committee (Former Member); Member
- Commercial Finance Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Member
- MBA magna cum laude, Finance, Pace University
- B.A. magna cum laude, Economics and Political Science, Pace University
- Next Edge Capital and Blacksail Capital Partners, Senior Credit Advisor / Chief Credit Officer
- Ares Management LLC, Senior Vice President / Senior Underwriter
- Lakeside Advisors LLC, Founding Principal
- MorrisAnderson & Associates, Ltd., Principal and Managing Director
- Congress Financial Corporation, Senior Vice President
- Arthur Andersen LLP, Senior Manager
- The CIT Group, Vice President