Principal, Restructuring & Dispute Resolution Practice
New York, NY
Chris Creger is a Principal in CohnReznick Advisory’s Restructuring & Dispute Resolution Practice. In this role, he provides financial advisory, business restructuring, and transaction support services to corporations, debtors, bondholders, hedge funds, law firms, lending institutions, private equity firms, secured lenders, unsecured creditors, and other constituents. His industry experience includes:
- Consumer Goods
- Oil & Gas
Chris advises his clients on matters involving turnaround, bankruptcy, out-of-court workouts, litigation, lender and M&A due diligence, transactional support, and profit improvement. Chris’ areas of expertise include liquidity/ vendor management, organizational and process reformation, capital sourcing, and business and creditor workout/management/ restructuring. Highlights in his career experience include:
- Interim Chief Executive Officer to private equity-owned, $100M+ digital media and gaming company that implemented applications for various social networks.
- Deputy Chief Restructuring Officer to an award winning, Chapter 11 reorganization for an international $115M sales distribution company focusing on replacement parts in construction and off-highway earthmoving equipment.
- Lead Restructuring Advisor in the $27M refinancing of an international wholesaler of raw paper materials (ancillary and recycled) to packaging companies overseas, primarily in Latin America.
- Workout advisor to a $200M healthcare network (hospitals and special surgery clinics) with significant liquidity challenges, including government settlement negotiations.
- Financial Advisor to a $25M refinancing and additional $20M equity raise for an international privately held organics management company specializing in renewable energy and organic waste recycling.
- Developed analytical cash-flow materials and provided strategic guidance for the New York State Office of the Attorney General in the bankruptcy resolution for a national non-for profit.
- Conducted an assessment of a global advertising and media company and defined go forward plan for company undergoing significant industry transformation and customer forfeiture.
Chris has served the New York Turnaround Management Association in various roles, including Chair of the NextGen Committee. He was an integral part of the deal team that was recognized as M&A Advisor’s 12th Annual Turnaround Award Winner “Chapter 11 Reorganization of the Year.” Other engagement honors include the 2018 Turnaround Atlas Awards for the Corporate Turnaround of the Year, and separately for the Energy Restructuring of the Year.
In 2020, Chris received the TMA Turnaround of the Year Award for his success as Chief Restructuring Officer in the turnaround and sale of Allentown, Pennsylvania-based Coordinated Health . He was recently named to the American Bankruptcy Institute’s (ABI) “40 Under 40” list for 2020.
Prior to joining CohnReznick, he built his career as a consultant with niche bankruptcy and turnaround consulting firms such CR3 Partners, BDO Consulting, and Epiq Systems.
B.S., Financial Economics, Centre College
International Business & Managerial Finance, University of Nicosia (Intercollege), Lefkosia, Cyprus
Turnaround Management Association (TMA), NYC and Global
International Insolvency Institute (III)