These illustrative financial statements, produced by CohnReznick, provide examples of Alternative Investment Fund financial statements. These financial statements do not demonstrate all possible scenarios but can serve as a set of relevant GAAP-compliant examples.
This set of illustrative financial statements includes:
- Examples of a wide range of investment strategies and related disclosures
- Information for domestic and offshore hedge funds, including master-feeder structures
- Guidance for various stages of a fund’s life cycle, from emerging managers to funds that are in liquidation
- Relevant guidance from the FASB Accounting Standards Codification; AICPA Technical Questions and Answers; and AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide, Investment Companies
- References to applicable literature so the reader can learn additional information about the disclosure and tailor the disclosure to the hedge fund’s circumstances
Hedge fund managers and hedge fund administrators can use these illustrative financial statements as a master guide, providing disclosures for a wide range of investment strategies and related disclosures.
- Financial Sponsors & Financial Services
- Broker Dealers
- Family Offices
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
- Small Business Investment Companies (SBICs)
- Venture Capital
Private Equity: Illustrative Financial Statements