CohnReznick expands in South Florida
“CohnReznick has been serving Florida businesses in many different industries for years,” said CohnReznick CEO David Kessler. “Establishing an office in Miami allows us to bring our full capabilities to meet the expanding needs of the South Florida marketplace and, in particular, to build upon our expertise and market growth in our Real Estate, Financial Services, and Government practices, and support the capital markets with transaction advisory and restructuring services.
Notes Micholas, “Miami is so well known for its diverse population, exciting attractions, and beautiful beaches. But just as impressive is the flourishing business community the city has created.” He adds, “I’m honored to lead our Miami office and to help add a new chapter to our firm’s growth strategy.”
CohnReznick has leased more than 4,100 square feet in the 1221 Brickell Building, a Class A, Gold LEED certified building. With stunning views of the Miami skyline and easy access to Coral Gables. Downtown Miami, and the Miami suburbs, the building offers a daycare center, fitness center, café, and an outdoor terrace. CohnReznick worked with its national broker Gregg Metcalf (JLL) and Miami-based broker Adam Talbot (Cresa) in securing the space.
New York, NY – November 10, 2021 – CohnReznick LLP, one of the leading advisory, assurance, and tax firms in the United States, today announced that it has opened a new office in Miami, Florida to house its growing South Florida team. The team has a deep concentration in commercial real estate and financial services and strong expertise in transactions, turnarounds, and private client services. The office also has specialties in technology, healthcare, life sciences, hospitality, and government agencies.
The new office is centrally located at 1221 Brickell Avenue in the heart of Miami’s financial district. The Miami office will be led by Mike Micholas accompanied by Emily Butler, Bill Pidgeon, Steve Kreinik, David Weinstein, Elena Mervine, and Vivian Lara. Approximately 20 team members are based in Miami with plans to expand hiring for both campus recruits and experienced talent. As part of its growth strategy, CohnReznick has been expanding its team in South Florida for some time due to market growth and clients’ needs in the area. Last month the firm also announced it had expanded its Northeast footprint with a combination in Massachusetts. Highlights of CohnReznick’s expertise and reputation include:
The firm was recently recognized by Newsweek as one of their 100 Most Loved Companies of 2021.
- HedgeWeek recently named CohnReznick best audit firm for the second year in a row.
- Private Equity Wire recently named CohnReznick best accounting firm.
- The firm was recently recognized for “Transactions Mid-Market Advisor of the Year,” “Chapter 11 Restructuring of the Year,” and “Turnaround of the Year” by the M&A Atlas Awards.
- CohnReznick has one of the largest, most comprehensive Real Estate practices in the country serving owners/operators, real estate funds, investors, asset services, and corporate clients.
- The firm is a widely recognized leader in project finance and consulting with robust teams specializing in new markets tax credits, opportunity zones, energy credits, historic tax credits, and more.
- The state of Florida recently awarded several major contracts to CohnReznick’s Government and Public Sector Advisory team.
Subject matter expertise
CPA, Partner, Chief Executive Officer
CPA, Regional Managing Partner - Mid-Atlantic
Let’s start a conversation about your company’s strategic goals and vision for the future.
Please fill all required fields*
Please verify your information and check to see if all require fields have been filled in.