Affordable Housing News & Views - October 2023
Capitol Connection: Housing and legislative updates
Listen in as Bob Moss and David Gasson, principals with MG Housing Strategies, join Beth Mullen, CohnReznick’s Affordable Housing practice leader, to discuss critical legislative updates for the LIHTC industry. This month’s conversation explores how House leadership changes could affect the federal budget process, continued support for the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act (AHCIA), and optimism around impending Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) updates.
Tax Credit Monitor: October 2023 rates and fund performance
CohnReznick’s October 2023 Housing Tax Credit Monitor is now available. This edition features:
- 25 current national and regional funds offered
- Current LIHTC pricing
- Current fund offering dynamics
RE-writing the game: Real estate considers its next move
In the backdrop of this conference season, a collective resolve has become evident: to confront challenges head on, forge creative pathways, and wholeheartedly embrace the “new abnormal.” Here we recap some of the top concerns and obstacles that have taken center stage – and ways that industry participants can or should be working to meet them.
Webinar | LIHTC Property Performance: Trends and Analysis
The 2023 edition of CohnReznick's Affordable Housing Credit Study and online Credit Tool is almost here. Register now for our post-release webinar, where leaders from our Tax Credit Investment Services team will discuss:
- The LIHTC industry’s performance during the pandemic
- The industry’s latest trends in construction delays, collection losses, and rising operating expenses, and, more importantly, how the industry worked to mitigate these challenges
- The latest data integrated into the Credit Tool and how to create benchmarks for your own portfolios
Webinar available on-demand: Preserve or sell? Or something in between
Amidst rapidly changing market conditions, owners of affordable housing are faced with enormous operating challenges at both the portfolio and organizational levels. Hear from leading industry executives, including CohnReznick’s Beth Mullen, as they share their techniques to evaluate these challenges.
In case you missed it:
- Check out this Bloomberg article on the impact of rising interest rates on affordable housing developers, featuring regular Capitol Connection contributor David Gasson of the Housing Advisory Group.
Catch us on the Move:
Our team will be attending several exciting industry events over the next few months. Reach out to the CohnReznick team member listed below to schedule time to connect.
- 2023 OFN Conference(Oct. 15-18 | Washington, D.C.): Scott Szeliga, CPA, Office Managing Partner - Baltimore
- AHIC 2023 Affordable Housing Summit (Oct. 18-20 | Santa Fe, NM): Cindy Fang, CPA, Partner, Project Finance and Consulting
- Strength Matters 2023 Financial Management Conference (Oct. 24-27 | Minneapolis, MN): Winell Belfonte, CPA, Partner
- 2023 Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition Fall Meeting and Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Awards (Oct. 25-26 | Washington, D.C.): Matthew Barcello, Managing Director, Project Finance & Consulting
Subject matter expertise
CPA, Partner, Affordable Housing Industry Leader
Let’s start a conversation about your company’s strategic goals and vision for the future.
Please fill all required fields*
Please verify your information and check to see if all require fields have been filled in.