Making a difference in distressed communities, CohnReznick has been on the cutting edge of innovative community development for nearly 40 years. Whether it is working within tax credit programs , helping shape policy at Federal and state levels, or collaborating with state and local economic development programs, we have helped lead the growth and sophistication of the community development industry.
Affordable Housing News & Views - November 2023
From legislative issues to technical updates to performance and industry trends, CohnReznick's Affordable Housing News & Views has the housing tax credit industry covered.
Capitol Connection: Housing and legislative updates
Listen in as Bob Moss and David Gasson, principals with MG Housing Strategies, join Beth Mullen, CohnReznick’s Affordable Housing practice leader, to discuss critical legislative updates for the LIHTC industry. This month’s conversation explores federal budget prospects and possible alternatives to a government shutdown, preliminary feedback on the new CRA regulations, and more.
Coming next week! 2023 CohnReznick Affordable Housing Credit Study
The 2023 CohnReznick Affordable Housing Credit Study is slated for release next week on Nov. 14. The report – a milestone 10th edition – will unveil an analysis of more than 2,000 funds and over 30,000 properties through 2022. The report will also assess the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the national LIHTC portfolio, as well as include fresh updates on income and operating expenses.
Also, be sure to register for our post-release webinar on Dec. 5, where leaders will provide an overview of how to use the study to benchmark portfolios, develop best practices, and gain valuable insights into the industry.
Diverse Developers Conference: Insights and strategies for success
The CohnReznick team attended the Diverse Developers Conference last month in Chicago, which brought together policy and educational professionals from diverse and underrepresented populations in real estate. The event served as a platform for attendees to dig into the challenges and needs of emerging developers.
Check out a highlight of key themes and takeaways in Jonathan Kearney’s recent LinkedIn article.
Congratulations to this year’s Gamechangers in ESG!
CohnReznick recently announced the winners of our Gamechangers in ESG Awards, designed to recognize U.S.-based businesses that are “changing the game” through their commitment to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategies and practices. Read about our four winners, and a special congratulations to winner Eden Housing, a leader in affordable housing.
In case you missed it:
- A silver lining has emerged among the real estate industry’s uncertainty: A collective resolve to confront challenges and forge new paths
- Register today for an interactive webinar on cutting-edge and scalable financial modeling techniques that will inform strategic decision-making, and help make your entire modeling process more efficient, effective, and insightful
- The low-income communities bonus credit provides tax benefits to qualified facilities, but it is also quite complicated to apply. Learn how to receive assistance when applying.
- Register for this upcoming webinar featuring a discussion on the SEC's new cybersecurity regulations with a spotlight on determining materiality in a crisis
Catch us on the Move:
- AHF Live (Nov. 13-15 | Chicago, IL): Beth Mullen, CPA, Partner, Affordable Housing Industry Leader
- Virginia Governor’s Housing Conference (Nov. 15-17 | Hampton, VA): Russell Phillips, CPA, Partner
- Ohio Housing Conference (Nov. 28-29 | Columbus, OH): Pushpita Kotikalapudi, CPA, Partner
- New York Housing Conference 50th Annual Awards (Dec. 6| New York, NY): Winell Belfonte, CPA, Partner
- 19th Annual Homes Within Reach Conference (Dec. 6-8 | Hershey, PA): Michael Cumming, CPA, Audit Partner
Subject matter expertise
CPA, Partner, Affordable Housing Industry Leader
CPA, Audit Partner
Let’s start a conversation about your company’s strategic goals and vision for the future.
Please fill all required fields*
Please verify your information and check to see if all require fields have been filled in.