Risks and rewards of freedom: How independent sponsors can increase their chances of success
An abundance of ready capital and growing interest in direct investment have brought the independent sponsor model off the sidelines and into the mainstream of the M&A market. And with no barriers to entry, the model is open to anyone willing to accept the risks.
With your personal capital and reputation at stake, there is virtually no room for error.
This report draws on CohnReznick’s years of experience serving new and longtime independent sponsors, as well as interviews with independent sponsors, capital providers, and market movers, to provide insights and best practices for independent sponsors at any stage of their development.
Access the report to read:
- Profile of a first-time sponsor
- Special sauce: What sets an independent sponsor apart?
- Top 3 criteria for family office investments
- Life cycle of an independent sponsor
- Advice for first-time sponsors
- Q&A with Claudine Cohen, a principal and Northeast leader in CohnReznick’s Transaction Advisory Services practice who is immersed in the independent sponsor community.
InsightIndependent Sponsors ForumIndependent sponsors are emerging as an impactful asset class due to their nimble and entrepreneurial approach. Through their ability to craft smart investment criteria, build focused deal-sourcing strategies, and develop relationships with symbiotic capital partners, independent sponsors are positioned to deliver outsized returns.
InsightIndependent Sponsors Are An Emerging Force in the MarketCompetition for private equity transactions from independent sponsors is on the rise. As this emerging asset class of investors grows in size and power, it is gaining momentum in the market and searching for larger deals.