Healthcare Investment Report: A watershed moment for healthcare services
From a revenue perspective, the COVID-19 pandemic had an overall negative impact on the healthcare services sector in 2020, but that impact is only a small part of the story: Despite all the uncertainty, deal activity in the sector hit an all-time high. Providers have seen change on the horizon, such as the growing importance of digital and telehealth, and are using the M&A markets and private capital to expand their services to meet future demand.
This new report, produced in collaboration with PitchBook, gives an in-depth look at the U.S. healthcare services market from private equity (PE) and M&A perspectives, with sections including:
- The state of healthcare services – Trends in deal activity
- Grabbing market share–M&A and PE add-on activity
- COVID-19’s impact on valuations
- Where are investors looking? A breakdown of PE deal activity by subsector – clinics and outpatient services, elder and disabled care, practice management, and managed care
- Plus, a Q&A with CohnReznick’s Claudine Cohen and Caroline Znaniec