ClientTexas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM)
Performance periodJune 2013 – Present
Led by CohnReznick professionals with expertise in disaster recovery grant management, CohnReznick serves as a compliance-monitoring affiliate to the Texas DPS, TDEM for Grant Administration for PA and HMGP grants dating back to Hurricane Ike in 2008. CohnReznick is responsible for establishing consistent oversight standards, providing proactive technical assistance to subrecipients, centralized data and reporting, issue resolution, effective quality management protocols, and reimbursements and financial management. We provide the following services:
- Perform complex grant coordination, financial and programmatic compliance, technical assistance, and administration work to respond, administer, organize, and monitor Federally funded disaster recovery grants within the State of Texas;
- Review and process reimbursement requests by conducting continuous monitoring activities for ongoing projects and identifying and resolving project- and program-related issues as they arise;
- Conduct project closeout monitoring reviews for completed projects and work with subrecipients on resolving any findings or observations where possible prior to submitting final reports and recommendations to FEMA for project closeout;
- Provide on-site technical assistance to subrecipients and facilitate communication between local, State and Federal stakeholders to resolve complex issues preventing timely obligation, reimbursement or closeout; and
- Evaluate opportunities and requirements to provide technical assistance and educational opportunities such as regional workshops and assist local jurisdictions and State agencies in minimizing current or future compliance issues and maximizing reimbursement potential.