Hedge Funds: Illustrative Financial Statements
These illustrative financial statements, produced by CohnReznick, provide examples of Alternative Investment Fund financial statements. These financial statements do not demonstrate all possible scenarios but can serve as a set of relevant GAAP-compliant examples.
This set of illustrative financial statements includes:
- Examples of a wide range of investment strategies and related disclosures
- Information for domestic and offshore hedge funds, including master-feeder structures
- Guidance for various stages of a fund’s life cycle, from emerging managers to funds that are in liquidation
- Relevant guidance from the FASB Accounting Standards Codification; AICPA Technical Questions and Answers; and AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide, Investment Companies
- References to applicable literature so the reader can learn additional information about the disclosure and tailor the disclosure to the hedge fund’s circumstances
Hedge fund managers and hedge fund administrators can use these illustrative financial statements as a master guide, providing disclosures for a wide range of investment strategies and related disclosures.
On-demandQSBS - One of Today’s Most Powerful Yet Often Overlooked Tax Planning Tools For VCS & Company FoundersAsael Meir, Robert Richardt, Jonathan CollettSection 1202 encourages investment in new ventures and small businesses by providing significant tax relief. This very attractive tax incentive offers up to 100% capital gain exclusion on certain dispositions of Qualified Small Business Stock (QSBS) acquired after September 27, 2010.
InsightFTC Cybersecurity Proposals Introduce Daunting Compliance Burdens for Financial InstitutionsThe Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has proposed changes to the cybersecurity and privacy rules under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) that will bring additional compliance mandates for financial institutions.
InsightHow Digital Due Diligence Can Help Private Equity Firms Achieve Profit and GrowthAs digital technology becomes integral to every company, private equity (PE) firms understand that a target company’s technology assets have become elemental to the calculus of business value, success, and growth.
InsightNew Revenue Recognition Rules and Their Impact on Private Company Investment AdvisorsOn May 28, 2014, the FASB issued Accounting Standards Update 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606) (ASU 2014-09). The new standard changed the accounting for revenue recognition and for related contract assets and liabilities.
InsightBusinesses Express Optimism, and Concern, About 2019As 2018 moves to a close, businesses are starting to zero in on potential shifts in the global marketplace that could pose operational risks in the coming year.