April 2019 Commercial Real Estate Insights and Updates
Inside this edition, you’ll find valuable information including:
- Tax and opportunity zones strategies for 2019, given the challenges around the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) guidance, including the proposed limitations on business interest expense deductibility under Section 163(j) and the 20 percent pass-through deduction
- Changes in fundraising and the trend towards crowdsourcing
- Unlocking value by embracing a holistic technology strategy and moving past “analysis paralysis”
- Changing active players among foreign investors
- The positive outlook for multifamily real estate projects
- Strategies to address first-time buyers’ price sensitivity in today’s complex homebuilding market
- The need for strategic audits for the hotel industry, even during periods of growth
The April 2019 edition of CohnReznick’s CRE Insights & Updates shares our team’s perspectives on commercial real estate development and trends in fundraising, foreign investment, and key market sectors. We’ll publish updates throughout the year to share our industry observations at a frequency that keeps pace with today’s dynamic real estate market.
This has been prepared for information purposes and general guidance only and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this publication without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this publication, and CohnReznick LLP, its members, employees and agents accept no liability, and disclaim all responsibility, for the consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this publication or for any decision based on it.
Newly Released IRS Guidance
Transit May Be The Least Important Piece of Transit-Oriented Development