An Update on Economic Conditions in Chicago for the Commercial Real Estate Industry
You Are Invited
You are invited to join members of CohnReznick's Commercial Real Estate Industry Practice in Chicago for a roundtable discussion and special presentation from Jeff Malehorn, President and CEO of World Business Chicago (WBC), focused on the issues impacting the Chicago real estate industry.
Topics will include:
- Selling Chicago – our city’s assets
- An economic plan for Chicago
- City initiatives that affect or tie into the commercial real estate space
- The direct affect of Chicago’s job outlook on office absorption and demand for multifamily living space
- Recent projects or wins the city has undertaken that would affect development in the city
- The “Google affect” taking place in the West Loop/Fulton corridor with the entry of the tech-centric companies
Jeff Malehorn is the President and CEO of WBC, where he is responsible for the attraction, expansion, and retention of companies to Chicago. Malehorn leads the implementation of the Plan for Economic Growth and Jobs, which was produced by WBC at Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s request and is the outline for the city’s overarching economic development efforts. Jeff reports to WBC Chairman Mayor Emanuel and Vice Chairman Michael Sacks and works closely with WBC’s distinguished board of directors and the Mayor’s office.
WBC organizations include Chicago Sister Cities International, which oversees 28 global city partnerships focused on business and trade, immigration, tourism, culture, and education initiatives; and ChicagoNEXT, the council of technology leaders focused on innovation and entrepreneurship.