Economic Insight: Patrick J. O’Keefe Discusses April 2013 Labor Report in Media
On Friday, May 3, the Department of Labor reported that the U.S. economy added 165,000 jobs in April and unemployment fell to 7.5%.
In advance of the report’s release, Patrick J. O’Keefe, CohnReznick’s Director of Economic Research, was quoted in The Fiscal Times, saying, “In a globally competitive world, we have a labor market that is still organized around the post-World War II experience. Right now, we are watching a large cohort of young adults – almost as large as the baby boomers – enter a workforce where there is little opportunity for them.”
In an interview with The Wall Street Journal This Morning, Pat noted, “We’re in the ‘cha-cha’ economy. We’ve got a lot of movement going on but we’re not making much progress.”
In this morning's Reuters wrap-up, Pat said, "We need more than 3 percent growth on a sustained basis to make real inroads in reducing not only the number of those counted as unemployed, but the legions of those who are nowhere to be found in the labor force data."
Pat also appeard on Bloomberg Radio's Hay’s Advantage this morning.
Economic Insight Archive
- 5/3/13 Patrick J. O'Keefe Shares Expectations for April 2013 Labor Report
- 4/5/13 Patrick J. O'Keefe Discusses March Jobs Report in Media
- 4/4/13 Patrick J. O'Keefe Shares Expectations for March 2013 Labor Report
- 3/28/13 NJ Unemployment Claims Improving
- 3/26/13 Economic Note: Homebuilding Recovery Accelerating From Slow Start
- 3/21/13 NJ Unemployment Claims Data Continue to Improve
- 3/8/13 Patrick J. O'Keefe Discusses February Jobs Report in Media
- 3/5/13 Patrick J. O’Keefe Shares Expectations for February 2013 Labor Report
- 2/28/13 NJ Homebuilding Begins 2013 With Strong Start
- 2/28/13 NJ Unemployment Insurance Claims Down Post-Sandy
- 2/1/13 Patrick J. O’Keefe Discusses January Jobs Report in Media
- 1/29/13 Patrick J. O’Keefe Shares Expectations for January 2013 Labor Report
- 1/10/13 Post-ATRA: A Changed Economic Outlook
- 1/4/13 Patrick J. O’Keefe Discusses December Jobs Report
- 1/2/13 Patrick J. O’Keefe Shares Expectations for December 2012 Jobs Report
- 12/3/12 Patrick J. O’Keefe Discusses November Jobs Report