CPA, Partner, National Director - Commercial Real Estate Industry
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Urban Land Institute
- Pension Real Estate Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Maryland Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Real Estate Roundtable
- The Economic Club of Washington, DC
- Board Member, Junior Achievement of the National Capital Area, and Dean’s Advisory Council of the Smith Business at University of Maryland
- Licensed CPA – MD, NE, NY, CA, DC
David Kessler serves as the National Director of the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Industry Practice. He has more than 27 years of experience providing audit, tax, and management advisory services to the real estate and financial services industries, representing clients in the DC Metropolitan area and nationally.
David represents both public and private clients. These clients include developers, real estate funds, operators, asset management companies, property management companies, institutional investors such as life insurance companies, banks, pension funds, REITs, private equity and hedge funds, lenders, and government agencies. David's clients develop and operate hotels, multi-family residential rental and for-sale, office, industrial, assisted living and nursing facilities, land development, retail centers, military housing and student housing.
David is responsible for all aspects of the firm’s services including audit, tax, and a wide range of management advisory services throughout the real estate industry. He has extensive technical and practical knowledge of audit and accounting standards, financial reporting, due diligence, investor reporting, and property operations. David serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Maryland and Georgetown University where he teaches a real estate accounting course for the Masters of Real Estate Development graduate programs. He frequently speaks at real estate industry conferences throughout the country.
- B.S., Accounting – University of Maryland College Park